Have you ever considered the views of the companies you’ve invested in? Do they align with yours? Join Stephen Stricklin and Paul Brock, along with guests Ben Malick and David Sandhu, as they discuss Biblically Responsible Investing. Ben and David have years of financial experience with Wise Wealth, and in this episode, offer clarity on how we can make good decisions when it comes to thinking biblically about our investments.
As an investor, you must screen for companies that take into account the acronym, ESG, Environment, Social and Governance. Do they care for the environment? How do they treat their customers and employees? How well is their board structured? Look for companies that are not harming others for the sake of profit.
As a christian, being aware of what you invest your money in is of highest importance. Focus on companies that give back to their employees and their community and support christian values. In the long run, businesses that care for people will flourish.
Bright Portfolios is Wise Wealth’s solution. Bright Portfolios is an asset allocation where they manage the portfolios for individual clients. They screen for companies exhibiting good values, and build a fully diversified portfolio. You can feel good about the companies you own and feel good about the returns. You get positive returns and know the money you’re investing is actually doing good in the world.
Ben and David Discuss:
- The philosophy of Biblically Responsible Investing
- ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance); what investors will screen companies for.
- Types of companies to avoid. “Sin stocks”; any company that supports tobacco, alcohol, gambling, manufacturing abortion drugs, creating or distributing pornography, companies that harm others for the sake of profit.
- Types of companies to invest in. “Shining light” or “Beacon of hope” companies are focused on giving back to their employees, giving to the community, and honoring God.
- Does narrowing down the amount of stocks I invest in because of misaligned values make me lose a little bit of return?
- Bright Portfolios is an asset allocation where they manage the portfolios for individual clients. They screen for companies exhibiting good values, and build a fully diversified portfolio.
Do you have a question to ask for an upcoming podcast episode, or want a FREE copy of our book, Simplify Your Retirement? If so, email:
Season 2 Episode 10 with Ben Malick
Wise Wealth Phone Number: 816-246-WISE (9473)
About Our Guests:
Ben Malick is the Chief Investment Officer of Wise Wealth, Portfolio Manager for Bright Portfolios, Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Kingdom Advisor.
David Sandhu is a Wise Wealth Financial Advisor, Certified Kingdom Advisor and Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor.