Choosing the right financial advisor for you and your needs is key to developing your most effective plan. But how do you know who the right advisor is for you? What makes the different types of advisors different?
In this episode, Stephen Stricklin dives into the importance of choosing the right financial advisor for you. He provides a full overview of the various types of advisors, the variety of licenses, their standards and how they get paid.
The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation is one of the most esteemed due to the stringent requirements including experience, education, ethics, on-going training and acting as a fiduciary.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Understanding the different types of licences for advisors, and how they can limit advice
- The difference between the types of advisors, Captive vs. Independent
- What it means when an advisor is a fiduciary vs. doing what is suitable
- How advisors get paid and what the cost is of “doing it myself”
- Most importantly, taking action
- And more!
Play this episode to learn how to identify the right advisor for you!